Snow Cover: 2-3 hard base some icy with snow cover
Date of Report: December 30, 2016
Sno-Eagles Trails Open
Fair Early Riding Condition
The Holiday week continues! Lots of riders on the trails & many large groups to be aware and stay on your side of the trail. Keep speed in the safe zone.
With the warm up over Christmas snow did soften up & then froze when the temps dropped so there are icy conditions in areas out on the trails. Slow down to be safe. On the straight a ways & in the corners. Might also encounter mush/slush in a few areas.
High of 19 & another day of overcast. Love it! There is some Lake Effect Snow falling this morning. The real Snow is moving in mid afternoon. Weather guys say 3 or more inches! Great news!
Nightly grooming continues with the T-5 New Holland & the BR-180. Last night manned by John & Dan. Started by heading out of the Groomer Barn one going north on 13 & the other going south on 13.
- Trail 13S to Trail 10E was groomed.
- Trail 10E was completely groomed(to include Loon Rd-Bloom Rd section) out to the turn around to include the Chanticleer spur & 9 Mile Trail
- Trail 13/70 heading west was groomed to Trail 17S intersection
- Trail 17S heading south along Hwy 17S to 7S “the Paintball Field”
- Trail 7S through the Paintball field & crossing Hwy H to the highline where we connect to Sugar Camp
- Trail 13N to Trail 10W & Trail 7N Plus Uncle Kent Trail
- All Trail 13N’s. The one ways & 2 way trails to the Conover connect near Bauer’s Dam
- Trail 17N to 17N/3 intersection
- Crossed Hwy 45N continuing east on 17/3 to Deer Lane(Trail 1N)
- Trail 1N to the Eagle Lake Launch & back out.
- 3 – Manske Swamp portion – Not Groomed but passable by sled. Rough in spots USE CAUTION
- 10W/13N – WI River Bridge portion – Not Groomed but passable by sled. Trail packed by sled. Bumpy USE CAUTION
Report Trail Issues to Trail Boss Brian Scheid at
715.891.2332 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Lake Trails are now open. Stay by the orange reflective barrels. There are reports of some surface slush. So be aware. If that is of concern there are land trails going in the same direction that you can ride. Check your trail map.
Remember not all lakes have trails & some are never safe. If your trail map does not show a trail or if there are no markers IT IS NOT SAFE.
The Iron, Oneida & Forest County Trails are now open. Please check with the Clubs in those Counties for the up to date report. Especially Lake Conditions.
Time to THINK COLD & Doin’ The Snow Dance! Need to hear it clear up here!
See Ya On The Trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 – with conditions changing will update more than once a day if necessary.
News and Reports:
Torchlight Parade – January 21, 2017. Staging at 5:30pm Leave at 6:00pm from the Trackside parking lot. Call Holly at 715.617.4708 for more information
- All are welcome!
- Decorate your sleds with lights & other fun stuff!
- Ride from Trackside using Trail 13 to the Railroad Depot & on down “the Grade” to Trail 10E
- Trail 10E to the ERRA Sports Arena “the dome”
- By choice onto Nutty Squirrel for dinner or head on back home or stay for the Falcons Hockey game
- Meet Miss Sno-Eagle, Tori Sleeman
- Decorated groomers will be part of the parade
- Come on Join Us! Let’s make this a huge parade!
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- January 19 – Eagle River Inn (3 west of Eagle River near the 70W bridge)
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month