Snow Cover: 8 inch base + - snow covered
Date of Report: January 19, 2017
Trails Good to Fair Condition
Ice Castle along Trail 13 in town by the Historic Railroad Depot
Start of day four of the warm up & the trails are holding up. Temps dropped below freezing last night. 27 at 7:15am. Could reason 40 today. Evil sun is under the clouds which is terrific! 28 for a low tonight
Trail Conditions are GOOD to FAIR with a hard base of 8 inches+ -.
Trail Boss gave the groomers a night off last night. Here is a photo taken yesterday, 1/18/17 at 2:36pm
Catfish Lake Loop & Eagle Lake Trail are OPEN & safe by the orange reflective barrels. No reported surface slush as of yesterday.
As you ride keep the Emergency 3 Digit Numbers in mind. If you need assistance with an emergency call 911 & give them the most recent number you saw. This helps dispatch pin point your location.
Torchlight Parade – January 21, 2017. Staging at 5:30pm Leave at 6:00pm from the Trackside parking lot. Trail 13 to Ice Castle. Then south to Trail 10E to Sports Arena & dinner at Nutty Squirrel. Call Holly at 715.617.4708 for more information
World Championship Feature Week. Come On Up & Join Us!
Time to THINK COLD! And start Doin’ The Snow Dance!
See Ya On The Trails & Ride It When We Got It!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 – Early AM with more updates should conditions changes dictate.
News and Reports:
Torchlight Parade – January 21, 2017. Staging at 5:30pm Leave at 6:00pm from the Trackside parking lot. Call Holly at 715.617.4708 for more information
- All are welcome!
- Decorate your sleds with lights & other fun stuff! – Prize for best decorated snowmobile awarded at Nutty Squirrel.
- Ride from Trackside using Trail 13 to the Railroad Depot & on down “the Grade” to Trail 10E
- Trail 10E to the ERRA Sports Arena “the dome”
- By choice onto Nutty Squirrel for dinner or head on back home or stay for the Falcons Hockey game
- Meet Miss Sno-Eagle, Tori Sleeman
- Decorated groomers will be part of the parade
- Come on Join Us! Let’s make this a huge parade!
SNO-EAGLES SNO HUNT – January 13-February 28, 2017 – for more information contact Dave Mrczynski at 715.891.8584.
- A fun snowmobile scavenger hunt with bonus point & prizes
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS – Drawing 12 Noon, February 25, 2017 at TrackSide.
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- January 19 – Eagle River Inn (3 west of Eagle River near the 70W bridge)
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month