Snow Cover: Hard base in most areas - Snow cover
Date of Report: January 5, 2017
Sno-Eagles Trails Open
Fair Early Riding Condition
Holy moly -15 below at 8am with a high of -2 today! This cold spell is going to last Monday. Great for freezing any wet or swampy areas that might still be out there.
Catfish Lake Loop is OPEN. Stay by the orange reflective barrels.
Eagle Lake Trails is CLOSED due to water. Stay off for safety sake. Would expect it to open shortly with this very cold weather.
Went out riding myself and found trails in pretty good shape. Heading south from the Dairy Queen to the 10E intersection was in GOOD regular season riding. 10E FAIR to GOOD and starting to level out along the highway. Heading south on Alt 13 snow covered and a little bumpy. Pretty much everything snow covered. Heading north and west did find a few blow outs and some snirt. Not much though. Felt my track spin a little on straight aways and twisted a bit on corners. WI River Bridge, Manske Swamp, Columbus Rd & Alt 13 were for the most part frozen tight and safe. Shouldn’t be long before heavy groomer units hear out onto those areas.
Grooming over night into sun up this morning. Do not have a report of trails groomed from the Trail Boss. Update if I get one later.
Report Trail Issues to Trail Boss Brian Scheid at
715.891.2332 or email@example.com
If you ride today remember tell someone where your headed, charged phone, very cold weather clothing, extra gloves, stop more often & drink warm drinks with food as you are burning more energy.
Keep Doin’ the SNOW Dance!
See Ya On The Trails!
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD® – Eagle River
Phone Trail Updates 715.479.5185 – Early AM with more updates should conditions changes dictate.
News and Reports:
Torchlight Parade – January 21, 2017. Staging at 5:30pm Leave at 6:00pm from the Trackside parking lot. Call Holly at 715.617.4708 for more information
- All are welcome!
- Decorate your sleds with lights & other fun stuff!
- Ride from Trackside using Trail 13 to the Railroad Depot & on down “the Grade” to Trail 10E
- Trail 10E to the ERRA Sports Arena “the dome”
- By choice onto Nutty Squirrel for dinner or head on back home or stay for the Falcons Hockey game
- Meet Miss Sno-Eagle, Tori Sleeman
- Decorated groomers will be part of the parade
- Come on Join Us! Let’s make this a huge parade!
RIDE WITH PRIDE RAFFLE TICKETS
- $2 each or 3/$5 available from Sno-Eagles, Eagle River Chamber office & many businesses in Eagle River
- Prizes – 1st prize SkiDoo MXZE 600 or CanAm Outlander 570. 2nd prize 55′ Flat panel TV or $500. 3rd prize Wkend at Eagle Waters Resort + dinner. 4th prize Wkend at Wild Eagle Lodge.
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TRAIL RIDES
- Meet on Trail 13 (the Grade) in town between Historic Railroad Depot & Friendship House
- 9am departure
MONTHLY MEETINGS – 6:30pm Snacks – Meeting at 7pm – All Welcome!
- January 19 – Eagle River Inn (3 west of Eagle River near the 70W bridge)
- February 16 – Eddie B’s White Spruce (Hwy 45N at the bridge)
- March 16 – Eagle Waters (Hwy 70E to Rangeline Rd-follow the signs)
- April 20 – Gordo’s (Hwy 45N across from Holiday North Gas Station)
BOARD MEETINGS – 7pm at the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame (Hwy 45N next door to the World Championship Snowmobile Derby)
- January-May the 1st Tuesday of the each month